Friday, December 30, 2011

Slipknot Iowa Rock Music CD Review

!9#: Slipknot Iowa Rock Music CD Review

Iowa is the latest Rock CD released by the highly group Slipknot and they have once again delivered a brilliant collection of tracks. I'm confident Slipknot fans, and Rock fans alike will be pleased with this one.

I wish it weren't the case but, it's not everyday that I get a CD for review that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Iowa. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

Iowa is a nicely varied, mix of 14 tracks that are very well written and brilliantly performed songs by these clearly talented musicians. Most of the songs display a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only imagine are their own real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions of love, heartbreak, pain, failed relationships and unattainable romance. They're all here.

Listen and I think you'll agree that the song choices are excellent, the production is outstanding and Slipknot is clearly a group that is in top form.

While the entire CD is really very good some of my favorites are track 3 - Disasterpiece, track 5 - Everything Ends, and track 6 - The Heretic Anthem

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 8 - Left Behind. It's a great track!

Iowa Release Notes:

Slipknot originally released Iowa on August 28, 2001 on the Roadrunner Records label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. (515)

2. People=Shit

3. Disasterpiece

4. My Plague

5. Everything Ends

6. Heretic Anthem, The

7. Gently

8. Left Behind

9. Shape, The

10. I Am Hated

11. Skin Ticket

12. New Abortion

13. Metabolic

14. Iowa

Slipknot: Corey (vocals); Mick, James (guitar); Paul (bass); Joey (drums); Shawn, Chris (percussion); Craig (samples); Sid (DJ). Recorded at Sound City and Sound Image, Van Nuys, California.


Slipknot Iowa Rock Music CD Review

Promotion Polk Cs10 Prices Obagi Sunfader Purchasing Cables Wireless Speaker

0 comments:

Post a Comment




Sponsor Links